Dear Durham Constabulary,
Please can you provide the answers and statistics for the following questions in relation to Data Subject Access Requests made to the organisation for each calendar year between the 1st January 2018 to 25th August 2020 inclusive
1. How many Data Subject Access Request have been made to the force broken down by;
a. Requests made by the Data Subject themselves
b. Request made by a third-party on behalf of the Data Subject
2. How many requests were rejected and the broad reasons for those rejections
3. How many requests were responded to in full or in part, and for each of these;
o Whether the response was within one, two, three or longer calendar months after the valid request was received;
and where responded to outside of one calendar month;
• Whether the requestor was notified within the first calendar month of the delay to the response
• The broad categories for the delay in responding within the first calendar month
4. How many requests excluded the provision of personal data held which was later used or otherwise disclosed to the Data Subject (or a representative) for another reason, for example in evidence.
In addition to the above, please could you provide details of;
• The Name, Job Title, and Rank and Badge Number (if applicable) of the individual holding the role of Data Protection Officer for the organisation;
• If that individual has any other duties, what (in general) those duties are.
• What “professional qualities and, in particular, expert knowledge of data protection law and practices” (if any) are held by that individual in accordance with Article 35(5) of the GDPR
• If DPO the role holder is a Shared Resource, which other organisations are served by that DPO.
• How many people you have working within your Data Protection Compliance team.
Due to the Coronavirus/COVID 19 pandemic and the changing circumstances
for all, the Unit must prioritise essential safeguarding work for the
health and social care sector, and also for the Family Court. Delays in
other areas are likely to occur and may fall outside any statutory or
other expected timescales. We apologise for any inconvenience this may
cause, we will of course endeavour to process your request as soon as
practicable. If your request is not urgent or can be retracted at any
stage, please let us know as soon as possible via our published email
addresses. From Monday 13^th July 2020, our office re-opened but we only
have very limited numbers of staff in the Office and we will therefore
not be able to regularly collect correspondence sent via post. We thank
you for your understanding and support and wish you and your family well
during these uncertain times.
DURHAM CONSTABULARY, Protecting Neighbourhoods, Tackling Criminals,
Solving Problems…Around the Clock
NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING: Use your postcode to get access to local news and
events from your Neighbourhood Policing Team, at
This email carries a disclaimer, a copy of which may be read at
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now