Dear Highways England Company Limited,
Please can I have information and correspondence relating to the mandatory cycle lane and other cycle provision on the A34 within the areas of Hampshire and West Berkshire.
Please can I have:
1. A map of the cycle infrastructure on this route, with the cycle infrastructure colour coded and notated.
2. Original timeline of the implementation of this route and date of opening.
3. Cost of the original implementation of the cycle infrastructure on this route, with the makeup of this figure detailed.
4. Yearly cost of upkeep of this cycle infrastructure per year for each year since implementation.
5. All details, documenation, and correspondence related to the upkeep of this cycle route, such as maintenance incidents raised.
6. The source of such funding for the implementation of this route and any relevant documentation related to obtaining this funding, such as any applications made for a grant or funding.
7. Any estimated frequencies of the use of this route by cyclists before it was implemented.
8. Current estimated and/or real frequency of the use of this route by cyclists.
9. All correspondence, digital and otherwise, between the council internally and with any external bodies or persons relating to the planning and implementation of this route.
10. Yearly maximum speeds by motor vehicles recorded at any point along this route, with year of recorded speed for the last five years.
11. All feedback collected from prospective or actual users of this infrastructure.
12. Number of recorded road traffic incidents or other such incidents involving injury, potential injury, or damage to property, involving cyclists on this route.
Please provide answers for questions 5, 9, and 11 in their own separate PDF documents. Please provide an answer to question 3 in a spreadsheet if this would be appropriate. Please provide answers to all other questions in PDF format.
If any question is unable to be answered or you consider to be exempt from the FOIA, please consider the rest of the request separately and do not hesitate to contact me for clarification on the individual question.
If any information is unable to be provided by the council, please can you point me to any relevant bodies you believe may hold such information.
This is an automated response:
Thank you for your email to Highways England.
If you’re reporting a real time issue which requires immediate attention
please call the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000.
A map of the roads for which we are responsible can be found here
If the road you’re interested in isn’t on this map it will fall under the
jurisdiction of the local authority. You can find details of local
authorities using the search facility on the gov.uk website at:
If your email does relate to an issue on Highways England's network it
will be passed to the relevant team within Highways England and they will
respond to you within a maximum of 15 working days.
For more information on how we use your data please check our privacy
notice at: https://www.highwaysengland.co.uk/privacy
If you’ve made a request under the Freedom of Information Act we will
respond to you within a maximum of 20 working days. Your request will be
dealt with in line with government guidelines:
Please be advised that emails may be monitored for training and quality
Highways England Customer Contact Centre
This email may contain information which is confidential and is intended
only for use of the recipient/s named above. If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution,
disclosure, reliance upon or other use of the contents of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender and destroy it.
Highways England Company Limited | General enquiries: 0300 123 5000
|National Traffic Operations Centre, 3 Ridgeway, Quinton Business Park,
Birmingham B32 1AF |
[Highways England request email]
Registered in England and Wales no 9346363 | Registered Office: Bridge
House, 1 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4LZ
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
6. mailto:[Highways England request email]
Dear Mr Fifield,
Thank you for your email to the Highways England Customer Contact Centre
dated 29 June, regarding your Freedom of Information request.
Your enquiry has been referred to the relevant team within
Highways England and they will respond to you within a maximum of 20
Your reference number for this enquiry is 21668442.
Thank you again for contacting us.
If you've any further enquiries regarding any other Highways England
issues, please visit our website where information on all Highways England
policies and procedures can be found: www.highwaysengland.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can contact us via email: [Highways England request email] or
you can call our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000.
Customer Contact Centre | Advisor
Highways England | National Traffic Operations Centre | 3 Ridgeway,
Quinton Bus. Park | Birmingham | B32 1AF
Email: [email address]
Tel: 0300 123 5000
Highways England Company Limited | Registered Office: Bridge House, 1
Walnut Tree Close, Guildford GU1 4LZ | Registered in England and Wales No.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now