Will Nickell made this Freedom of Information request to Ealing Borough Council
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear Ealing Borough Council,
I am writing to request the answers to the following questions, on the subject of cycling within your borough, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
1. What percentage of your borough's total road kilometres consists of fully, hard segregated cycle routes?
2. How many total kilometres of fully, hard segregated cycle routes does this equate to?
3. Since the 6th of May 2010, how much money in pounds sterling has been spent from your borough's transport budget on creating further fully, hard segregated cycle routes?
4. In relation to the above question, what percentage of your total transport spend within your borough for the named period did this constitute?
5. For the period between the 1st of April 2014 and the 31st of March 2015, how much total money in pounds sterling from your borough's transport budget has been or will be allocated to creating further fully, hard segregated cycle routes?
6. For the period mentioned in question 5, what percentage of your borough's transport budget does this constitute?
7. What percentage of road kilometres under your sole control are 20mph roads?
8. Aside from the above mentioned, what other initiatives is your borough undertaking to improve the safety of cyclists on roads under your authority?
In this instance, hard segregation means where there is a kerb separating the standard road surface from the cycleway. It does not include shared footpath and cyclepath routes where this is no separation between the footway and the cycleway. Please only include cycleways that are solely under your council's control for this figure.
Total road kilometres is the distance of standard roads that are accessible to motorised vehicles, in addition to the distance of hard-segregated cycleways as described in the above paragraph. Please only include roads and cycleways that are solely under your council's control in this calculation.
Please email your responses in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet within 20 working days of this request being submitted, that is to say by the 28th of February 2014.
Thank you for your email.
Requests will receive a response within 20 working days as required by the
Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being
exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
There may be a fee payable for this information. If this is the case you
will be informed prior to any work commencing on your behalf and costs
Freedom of Information Officer
Marketing and Communications Team
Dear Mr Nickell,
Thank you for your request for information.
Please find attached our response.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now