Credit Check Investigation
Dear Lincoln City Council,
1. Do you have an contract in place to purchase credit checks, or a purchase history from any of the following credit reference agencies?
(Call Credit/TransUnion, Equifax, Experian or Other(Please specify))
If so, can you please provide the following information.
2. Date that your agreement expires
3. Quantity of Credit Checks Purchased
4. Cost of Credit checks (Ideally cost per credit check)
5. What activities/services use these credit checks
6. Can you please outline how the results from these credit checks are generally stored by the council. For example are they in PDF format, or does your supplier have a software platform that you log into?
7. Finally, can you please inform me if you use credit checks to verify Single Person Discount claims for Council Tax? If so, is this done internally by the council, or do you outsource this work to a third party?
For avoidance of doubt, I am making this request under the Freedom of Information Act. I await your response within 20 working days.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I refer to your request for information received concerning the above and
recognise that you may not have received a response due to software issues
and we apologise for the delay.
I would inform you that your request has now been considered and I am not
obliged to supply the information you have requested under the Freedom of
Information Act. This letter, therefore, acts as a Refusal Notice for the
purposes of that legislation.
This is not a valid request as the information requested is readily
available elsewhere. The Council maintains a contracts register which is
in the public domain. Therefore, please go to the following website where
the register is held, www.eastmidstenders.org. Click on the contracts
register tab and then on the drop down menu put in City of Lincoln
Council. All the contracts on the register will be available to view.
If you wish to appeal against the handling of your request then please
contact the Freedom of Information Officer at the City of Lincoln Council,
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DB. Telephone 01522 873441 or
e-mail [Lincoln City Council request email].
If you remain unhappy you have right to complain to the Information
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow,
Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or visit www.ico.org.uk or email
T 01522 873840
City of Lincoln Council
City of Lincoln Council
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DD
Read more about our vision
City of Lincoln Council is a socially responsible employer, and is a signee to the Lincoln Social Responsibility Charter. If you would like to know more about the Charter and to sign up, please visit www.lincoln.gov.uk/socialresponsibility
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or classified material up to OFFICIAL and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. Please also notify the sender immediately
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.
The City of Lincoln Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received emails.
For further information regarding how we protect your data see our privacy notice for customers. https://www.lincoln.gov.uk/privacy-policy/
2. blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::mail
file:///tmp/blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email]
4. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now