1. How did you distribute the COVID Winter Grant to vulnerable families, i.e. cash, food parcels or retail supermarket vouchers?
2. Did you use this grant to distribute financial support to families of children eligible for free school meals?
3. How many children were eligible for Free School Meals and how many children claimed financial support via the grant scheme?
4. Did you use the grant to distribute support to other vulnerable families / individuals and if so, which groups, i.e. homeless etc.?
5. If using supermarket vouchers
(a) which supplier(s) did you use to distribute the vouchers?
(b) how did you choose a supplier?
(c) what were your top 3 mandatory requirements for the service?
(d) did you coordinate the ordering to all beneficiaries/recipients, or was access delegated to schools to administer and order?
(e) did you enter into a direct contract with the supplier or call off via a framework?
(f) when does your contract end?
6. Following Government's extension of the COVID Winter Grant, will you continue to fund Free School Meal vouchers in May half-term and summer holidays?
7. Which role(s) and job functions manage the contract for this service?
Reference No FOI328432724 - Freedom of Information Act 2000/Environmental
Information Regulations 2004
Title: COVID Winter Grant
Thank you for your email requesting information under the above
legislation, which we received on 22/04/2021. We will respond to you
within 20 working days of the date of receipt. If there are any problems
with this request that may delay the response, we will contact you.
For information, you can also view the latest information issued by the
Council on our disclosure log , Council's Publication Scheme and
Please quote your reference number in any further communications on this
Information Governance Team
Coventry City Council
PO Box 15
Tel: 024 7697 5408
Email: [email address]
Coventry UK City of Culture 2021
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, you are requested to contact the sender All e-mails are
monitored by Coventry City Council's ICT Security, using Mimecast. The
views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not necessarily
those of Coventry City Council.
4. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now