1. How did you distribute the COVID Winter Grant to vulnerable families, i.e. cash, food parcels or retail supermarket vouchers?
2. Did you use this grant to distribute financial support to families of children eligible for free school meals?
3. How many children were eligible for Free School Meals and how many children claimed financial support via the grant scheme?
4. Did you use the grant to distribute support to other vulnerable families / individuals and if so, which groups, i.e. homeless etc.?
5. If using supermarket vouchers
(a) which supplier(s) did you use to distribute the vouchers?
(b) how did you choose a supplier?
(c) what were your top 3 mandatory requirements for the service?
(d) did you coordinate the ordering to all beneficiaries/recipients, or was access delegated to schools to administer and order?
(e) did you enter into a direct contract with the supplier or call off via a framework?
(f) when does your contract end?
6. Following Government's extension of the COVID Winter Grant, will you continue to fund Free School Meal vouchers in May half-term and summer holidays?
7. Which role(s) and job functions manage the contract for this service?
Dear Mr Butterfield
Your request for information ref: SOT-102452
Thank you for your request for information about the covid winter grant.
Your request was received by the Information Rights Team on 22 April
2021. This is being dealt with under the terms of the appropriate
Information Rights legislation.
In some circumstances we may charge for information. If there is a charge
we will let you know, as you will be required to pay this before we deal
with your request.
Some information does not have to be released under this legislation. We
will check the information you have asked for and send you as much as
possible. If another person or organisation is named in the information,
we may have to ask their opinion before we decide what we can give you.
You should expect to receive a response to your request on or before 21
May 2021 in line with the legislation's 20 working day statutory deadline.
For your information we may publish the response to your request on our
City Council's website, which can be found at the following address:
If you have any queries about this email please do not hesitate to contact
You can find details of how we handle your personal information by
Information Rights Team
Floor 2 Civic Centre Glebe Street
Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1HH
City of Stoke-on-Trent
t 01782 232853, 01782 233020, 01782 233732, 01782 235965
e [Stoke on Trent City Council request email]
Winner – UK Housing Awards Council of the Year 2019
Stoke-on-Trent City Council is a Fostering Friendly employer. Being a
foster carer is truly life changing. If you have a spare room and spare
time, even as little as one weekend a month, you can make a real
difference to a child’s life. Fostering for Stoke-on-Trent City Council
offers a rewarding career with comprehensive training and guidance. Click
here for more information. For more information about becoming a Fostering
Friendly employer please click here.
link for the first Click here -
link for the second click here -
Manage your council tax online and sign up for paperless billing with our
new online account at www.stoke.gov.uk/onlineaccount - and access it
using the MyStoke app, putting fly-tipping, and litter reporting in your
hands at the touch of a button. Available in the App Store and on
3. mailto:[Stoke on Trent City Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now