Dear Caerphilly County Borough Council,
I am writing to kindly request information on the number of COVID-19 related fines issued by the council. In particular, I would like to ask:
- How many fines have been issued by the local authority to businesses and other individuals/groups for the contravening of COVID-19 restrictions since March 2020?
- If possible, what is the total value of the fines issued?
- How many of these fines were issued to businesses between October 2020 and January 2021 (most recent date available is fine)?
- How many businesses have been closed for the contravening of COVID-19 restrictions?
I would like to thank you for your help.
Thank you for your recent FOI / EIR request. Please find attached an acknowledgement for this request.
Dear Tyler Jenkins
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST
Thank you for your request for information received on the 13th January.
We have considered your request and enclose the following information â€“
(1) How many fines have been issued by the local authority to businesses
and other individuals/groups for the contravening of COVID-19 restrictions
since March 2020?
(2) If possible, what is the total value of the fines issued?
(3) How many of these fines were issued to businesses between October 2020
and January 2021 (most recent date available is fine)?
(4) How many businesses have been closed for the contravening of COVID-19
6 in total -
4 issued with closure notices
2 issued with prohibition notices and directed to close
We supply this information based on your original request. If this is not
what you wanted or if you feel we have not fully understood your request
please do not hesitate to contact me to clarify your exact requirements.
If you have any queries or concerns or are in any way dissatisfied with
the handling of your request please contact [Caerphilly County Borough Council request email].
Information Governance Officer
Freedom of Information Act 2000 / Environmental Information Regulations
You have the right to appeal against our decision.
If you wish to appeal please set out If you are unhappy with that decision
in writing your grounds of appeal you have the right to appeal to:
and send to:
Corporate Information Governance
Unit Information Commissionerâ€™s Office
Caerphilly county borough council, â€“ Wales
Penallta House 2nd Floor, Churchill House
Tredomen Park Churchill Way
Hengoed. CF82 7PG Cardiff CF10 2HH
Appeals will be determined by an Tel: 0330 414 6421
appropriate senior officer.
Email: [email address]
Re-use of information without permission may infringe the Copyright,
Designs and Patents Act 1988. Re-use can include, but is not limited to,
making multiple copies, publishing and issuing copies of the information
to a wider audience. If you would like to re-use copyright material owned
by Caerphilly County Borough Council, please contact us. Authorisation to
re-use copyright material not owned by this Authority should be sought
directly from the copyright owner.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now