Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
I have recently attended a job centre in Cwmbran, (42 Gwent Square, Cwmbran, NP44 1PL) and was astounded by the unsafe atmosphere in the centre.
Windows were not open, and cleaning procedures seemed minimal while they were not enforcing face covering requirements. I was recently tested positive and told the job centre this after I visited the office and was told that the job centre will remain open. As a result I am concerned with the safety of your environments across the board.
1. Please can you clarify whether ventilation (windows open) is utilised as a mitigation method in job centres and if not why not.
2. Please can you explain why in person appointments are back when we are in a high prevalence situation with the Delta variant taking hold across the UK, especially as online and phone appointments work so well.
3. Please also let me know what is the level of contact tracing in use at Job Centres.
4. a. Finally please list how many contacts at DWP job centres have been asked to self isolate whether asymptomatic or not, and as a result how many job centres have had to close due to outbreaks.
4. b. Please explain the number of outbreaks in job centres and durations of closures.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally expect
a response within 20 working days.
However please be advised that due to the current situation with COVID-19
we cannot guarantee a response within this timescale.
Every effort is being made to respond to FOIs as we would usually but the
current situation means that available Departmental resources will be
needed on other high priority areas.
We kindly ask for your understanding during this unprecedented situation
and we will aim to deal with your FOI request as soon as is practically
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now