Courtesy titles

Steve Elibank made this Freedom of Information request to House of Lords

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

House of Lords did not have the information requested.

Dear House of Lords,

Please provide me with an electronic copy of the Royal Warrant
entitling Supreme Court Justices to use the courtesty titles of
'Lord' or 'Lady'

Yours faithfully,
Steve Elibank

House Of Lords Information Office, House of Lords

Thank you for your email.

The House of Lords Information Office receives large numbers of e-mails and we aim to reply within 10 working days. If you need the information sooner please telephone the House of Lords Information Office on 020 7219 3107.

The following information may answer many of your enquiries.

House of Lords
If you have access to the internet you may find the answers to most of your queries on the House of Lords pages of the Parliament website:

House of Lords Press Office
If you are a member of the press and wish to contact the House of Lords Press Office please call 020 7219 8550.

Judicial Questions
For information about appeal cases, please contact the Supreme Court:

The Supreme Court of the United Kingdom
Parliament Square
London SW1P 3BD
Tel: 020 7960 1991/1992
Fax: 020 7960 1901

Appointments to the House of Lords
For queries about appointments to the House of Lords, contact the House of Lords Appointments Commission, which is a separate independent body and NOT part of the House of Lords:
The House of Lords Appointments Commission
35 Great Smith Street
Tel: 020 7276 2005 (020 7276 2315 for an Information Pack)<>

Please be aware that blind copied emails will not be received.

Thank you.

show quoted sections

FOI LORDS, House of Lords

Dear Mr. Elibank,

I am writing in response to your request for information received by the
House of Lords Administration on 15^th June.

The House of Lords Administration does not hold information relevant to
your request.

However, I have spoken to Ian Denyer, the Deputy Clerk of the Crown and of
the Chamber, at the Crown Office and he has advised that you should send
your request to him at [1][email address]

The Crown Office, although located in the Palace of Westminster, is part
of the Ministry of Justice. The House of Lords Administration does not
have control of, or access to, records held by the Crown Office.

The following entry in Wikipedia may be of interest:


You may, if dissatisfied with the treatment of your request for
information, ask the House of Lords to conduct an internal review.
Requests for an internal review should be addressed to
[3][email address] or to the Freedom of Information Officer, House
of Lords, London SW1A 0PW. Arrangements will be made for someone who has
not been involved in dealing with your request to conduct an internal
review. Our aim is to complete internal reviews within 20 working days.

If, following this review, you remain dissatisfied with the House’s
treatment of your request for information then you may take your complaint
to the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Cheshire.

Yours sincerely,

Frances Grey

Freedom of Information Officer

House of Lords

------------------- Original Message

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .