Giuseppe Sollazzo

Dear Electoral Commission,

under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to request the following:

1) do you hold a country-wide (you can interpret "country" as "England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland", or "United Kingdom") electoral register?
2) if so, how can one access the edited register?
3) otherwise, does anyone hold a country-wide version of the register, or a collation of the local registers?

Specifically, on your website you suggest to contact a Local Authority to access the electoral register. However, they clearly only hold information for people living in the relative area controller by said Local Authority.

Yours faithfully,

Giuseppe Sollazzo

Mark Nyack, Electoral Commission

1 Attachment

  • Attachment

    Picture Device Independent Bitmap 1.jpg

    0K Download

Dear Giuseppe Sollazzo

Thank you for your email to the Electoral Commission.

Unfortunately the Commission does not hold a country-wide electoral register. Electoral registration is managed at a local level by Electoral Registration Officers based in local authorities.

Each local authority is responsible for the sale of the edited register for their particular local authority area, there is no centrally compiled electoral register covering England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales or the UK.

The fees for the sale of the edited register and the notices of alteration are:

In data format : £20 plus £1.50 for each 1,000 entries (or remaining part for each 1,000 entries) in it.

In printed format : £10 plus £5 for each 1,000 entries (or remaining part for each 1,000 entries) in it.

Kind regards

Mark Nyack
Public Information Officer
The Electoral Commission
3 Bunhill Row
London EC1Y 8YZ
Tel: 020 7271 0728
Fax: 020 7271 0505<>

Make sure you are registered to vote<>
Follow us on Twitter<>

We welcome correspondence in Welsh and English

Putting voters first

* Please consider the environment before printing this email.

show quoted sections

Giuseppe Sollazzo

Dear Mark Nyack,

many thanks for the quick and clear reply.

Yours sincerely,

Giuseppe Sollazzo

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .