Dear Redbridge Borough Council,
I am writing to make a request pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“FOIA”) for certain information relevant to the Council’s procurement and use of accommodation to house homeless households.
I believe that the information requested is not exempt from disclosure under the FOIA particularly given similar requests have on previous occasions been responded to; see TA - Nightly Rates Requests .
Accordingly, I ask that the Council provide the following information as at 17th September 2020:
1. How many households did the Council have in Temporary Accommodation?
2. How many of the households in Temporary Accommodation had children?
3. How many children did each of the households in Temporary Accommodation have?
4. How many bedrooms did each of the accommodation provided in 3 above have?
5. How many homeless households with children were housed in Nightly Rates accommodation?
6. How many homeless households with children were housed outside of the borough?
7. What was the maximum in each relevant BRMA that the Council paid per night for a single room, shared accommodation, self-contained Studio, 1 Bed, 2 Bed, 3 Bed and 4 Bed accommodation secured on a nightly rates basis?
8. How many units of accommodation were leased by you for use as Temporary Accommodation? What was the maximum that the Council paid for a single room, shared accomodation, leased Studio, 1 Bed, 2 Bed, 3 Bed and 4 Bed accommodation?
9. How many of the units in 8 above were leased within the borough and how many were leased outside of the borough?
10. A copy of the Schedule of Rates pursuant to the IBTAA setting out the amounts that should be paid by the Council for nightly rates accommodation. As above, I do not consider this to be confidential information given the rates as of June 2017 were previously published by Southwark Borough Council Southwark Response to 2017 FOIA .
In the event that the Council does not hold some or all of the above-mentioned information as at 17th September 2020, please could the Council provide that data as close to 17 September 2020 as possible:
1. but not older than information held on 1st September 2020; or
2. if the data is newer than 1st September 2020, then only that data held up to 1st September 2020.
Step Ahead Property Services
Dear London Borough of Redbridge,
The responce to my request on 22 September 2020 for London Borough of redbridge's procurement and use of temporary accommodation has been delayed. By Law, the authority should normally have responded promptly and by 15 October 2020.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now