Council Tax Exemption Regulations

Kiara Vincent made this Freedom of Information request to University of Winchester

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, University of Winchester should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear University of Winchester,

The current regulations regarding student exemption from council tax state that in order to be classified as a full time student you must be;

"enrolled to attend a course of education lasting for at least one academic or calendar year - and which you are normally required to attend for at least 24 weeks out of the year and study for at least 21 hours per week during term time"

"Attendance" is defined as face to face contact teaching time with a lecturer/teacher, and does not include unsupervised individual or group study or examinations.

Could you please tell me,

1) How do you define a full time course?

2) How many full time (as defined by the university) courses do you teach each year?

3) How many full time students are enrolled at the University?

4) How many of the full time courses that you run would be classed as full time under the regulations above?

5) How many full time students are enrolled on the courses listed in question

Yours faithfully,

Kiara Vincent

Dear University of Winchester,

Question 5 should read,

5) How many full time students are enrolled on the courses listed in question 4?

Yours faithfully,

Kiara Vincent

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .