Council Tax

Martin Green made this Freedom of Information request to Braintree District Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Braintree District Council,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would like to know how much you are owed in arrears from council tax from the 2009/10 financial year.

Yours faithfully,

Martin Green

Braintree District Council

Thank you for submitting a Service Request to Braintree District Council. Your request is currently being processed.

We may need to contact you by e-mail or phone should we require any further information regarding your service request. Your reference number is 1-9HBDX. This can be used to track the progress of your request.


Customer Service Centre
Tel: 01376 552525
Email: [Braintree District Council request email]

show quoted sections

Freedom of Information Act, Braintree District Council

Dear Mr Green,

Further to your Freedom of Information request received by Braintree
District Council, I write to advise that the Council holds the following
information in respect of your request. For ease of reference your
request is repeated below followed by the Council's reply.

"... would like to know how much you are owed in arrears from council tax
from the 2009/10 financial year."
The Council has interpreted "arrears" to mean outstanding balance. For the
financial year 2009/10 the outstanding balance for Council Tax is
£741,298.04 (as at 13/1/2011).

If you disagree with the Council*s decision in respect of your freedom of
information request or are otherwise unhappy with how the Council has
dealt with your request in the first instance you may approach Sharon
Lowe, Assistant Chief Executive in writing at the following address:-

Braintree District Council, People & Democracy, Causeway House, Bocking
End, Braintree, Essex, CM7 9HB.

Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you have a right of appeal
under S50 of the Freedom of Information Act to appeal against the decision
by contacting the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow SK9 5AF, [1][email address]

Yours sincerely,

Emma Wisbey
Governance Lawyer
Ext: 2610

show quoted sections