Council Reserves

The request was successful.

Bleddyn ap Dafydd

Dear Gwynedd Council,

I write about the amount of reserves held by your council and would be grateful if you could tell me the following:

1. How much was held by your council in earmarked reserves in 2016-17 and 2017-18?
2. How many times did your council use its earmarked reserves in 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yours faithfully,

Bleddyn ap Dafydd

Rhyddid Gwybodaeth, Gwynedd Council

Dear Bleddyn ap Dafydd,

Freedom of Information (ref T44)

Thank you for your recent request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Your request has been passed to me to process and I can confirm that it has been logged under the reference number T44.

The Council may take up to 20 working days, from the date of receipt, to respond to your request. You should therefore receive the information you have requested, subject to the application of any exemptions permitted under the Act, by 15/05/2018.

If you require further information please contact me by phone on 01286 679809 or by emailing [Gwynedd Council request email] by quoting the reference number above.

Yours sincerely,
Gwawr Owen

Owen Gwawr (CG), Gwynedd Council

1 Attachment

Dear Bleddyn ap Dafydd,

Freedom of Information (ref T44)

Thank you for your recent request. Please see below and attached document for the information requested:

This information is published annually in a table format, as part of the Statement of Accounts. This table shows the transfers in, out and between reserves. The attached document includes the information for 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17. The information for 2017-18 has not yet been finalised, a draft version of the Statement of Accounts will be available on our website on the following link, by 30 June 2018.

Please note that where information is subject to copyright belonging to the Council, you will need to obtain the permission of the Council to re-use it for purposes other than private study or non-commercial research. The Council may charge for re-use. Where third party copyright material is disclosed, you must obtain permission to re-use from the copyright holders concerned.


If you are unhappy with the way the Council has handled your request, you may ask for an internal review. Please contact me if you require an internal review of your case. An internal review will be conducted by the Monitoring Officer or Head of Service and we will aim to respond within 20 working days. However, if we are unable to complete the review by this date, we will advise you accordingly.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Please see below for the contact details:

Information Commissioner’s Office
2nd Floor
Churchill House
Churchill Way

Telephone: 02920 678400
Email: [email address]
Fax: 02920 678399

Yours sincerely,
Gwawr Owen