Dear Rugby Borough Council,
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act, I wish to receive the following information from your authority:
1. The name, frequency and distribution/circulation of your council newspaper (by council newspaper I mean the most frequently published newspaper or magazine intended for mass distribution covering more than one topic)
2. How much it cost to produce and distribute said newspaper in the last full financial year, and how much was budgeted from council resources in the financial year 2009/2010
3. How much of that cost is offset by advertising
4. How much of that advertising, if any, comes from external sources (ie not from your authority's budgets)?
5. Which other public sector partners pay to run advertising in your newspaper, eg PCTs?
6. Whether recruitment advertising forms part of the advertising in your newspaper?
7. A copy of an editorial policy guide, if one exists, which governs the material which is placed in the newspaper, and how it is decided
8. A copy of an advertising policy guide, if one exists, which governs what sort of advertising is suitable.
9. The number of people employed to put your newspaper/newsletter together, including total cost and staff organisation chart
Some parts of this request may be easier to answer than others, and should this prove to be the case I would ask that you release available data as soon as possible rather than hold up the entire request.
I would prefer to receive this information electronically. If the decision is made to withhold some of this data using exemptions in Act, please inform me of that fact and cite the exemptions used.
If you need any clarification then please contact me at the email. Under your section 16 duty to provide advice and assistance I would expect you to contact me if you find this request unmanageable in any way.
I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Thank you for contacting us today, your query has been received by the
Contact Centre. We will reply to all emails within 5 working days from
the date of your original email, and often sooner. We will endeavour to
give you a full answer to your enquiry at this time, however if your
enquiry is of a complex nature that needs further investigation we will
advise you of who is dealing with your enquiry and when you can expect
THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.
Internet email is not to be treated as a secure means of communication. If you have received this transmission in error or are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Data Protection Act 1998, Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004- unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Visit http://www.rugby.gov.uk for more information.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Rugby Borough Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now