Dear Ministry of Defence,
Under the FOI act I would like to request the following information regarding the Military passenger flight operating between the UK and the Falkland Islands (South Atlantic Airbridge):
1. What were the full costs of operating the service in FY 20/21, including the contract cost, fuel and handing services on the route (including Brize Norton and MPA), including essential support such as Met Office costs?
2. What is the financial charge per seat, for a return trip paid by agencies such as the FCDO, Met Office and British Antarctic Survey?
3. What is the financial charge, per seat, for a return trip paid by the Falkland Islands Government in FY 20/21?
4. When were these charges last reviewed and have the costs increased due to the reduced amount of seats available as a result of CV-19?
5. Will there be additional seats available for veterans in 2022 for the Falkland 40 Commemorations and what will the charge per seat for a return trip be?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now