Dear Shropshire Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with the following information:
1. the amount of money spent on asbestos management in schools between 2006 and 2016 (to include the costs of surveys, staff training and work to enclose asbestos within schools)
2. the amount of money spent on asbestos removal from schools between 2006 and 2016
3. the amount of money spent on fines for breaches in the safe management of asbestos in schools between 2006 and 2016
4. funding sought from the Department of Education and the Education Funding Authority for the management and removal of asbestos from schools between 2006 and 2016
5. the amount of funding approved by the Department of Education and the Education Funding Authority for the management and removal of asbestos from schools between 2006 and 2016
6. the projected budget for future management of asbestos in schools between 2017 and 2027
I understand that under the Act I am entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request. Some parts of the request may be easier to answer than others. Should this be the case, I request that you release information as soon as possible.
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the Act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive
I would prefer to receive the information electronically.
If you require any clarification, please contact me in accordance with your duty under Section 16 to provide advice and assistance if you find any aspect of this FOI request problematic.
Please acknowledge receipt of this request by email. I look forward to receiving the information in the near future.
Dear Ms Stephens
Thank you for your request for information received on 05/09/2017. We are
currently processing your request in accordance with the relevant
You have requested information about the management of asbestos in
(Please note this may be a summary of your request and full details, as
outlined in the request, will be sent to the team providing the response.)
If you feel the information is inaccurate or requires amendment, please
notify us as soon as possible using the contact details provided below.
Information Governance Team
Tel: 01743 252179 / 252774 / 252747
Email: [Shropshire Council request email]
Dear Joanne Hughes,
On the 5th October I received a blank email from you. I assume this is in relation to my FOI about the money spent on managing asbestos in schools. Please can you confirm if this was sent in error.
Dear Ms Stephens
I have attached my reply again that was sent on the 5th October with the replies under each question. Apologies if this was received incorrectly the first time.
PA to Chris Edwards
Head of Infrastructure and Communities
5th Floor, The Shirehall