Dear Bright Tribe Academy Trust
Please find below a request for information relating to Whitehaven Academy. My preferred method of information delivery is email.
Since Bright Tribe Academy Trust took over running the Whitehaven Academy,
1. Has any of the following been outsourced to private companies; cleaning, catering, building maintenance?
2. If yes to Question 1, which company/companies have been selected and where are they based?
3. Who else if anyone bid for contracts for works mentioned in Question 1?
4. If change in supplier for works mentioned in Question 1, were previous companies who carried out these works local?
5. Who is the person within Bright Tribe Academy Trust responsible for placing contracts for works as mentioned in question 1.
Thank you for your FOI request made on 4th August 2016.
Your request for information is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and will be answered as soon as possible and within twenty school days in any event.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact me.
Bright Tribe Trust
Dear Sarah Jones,
I note Bright Tribe Academy Trust has not replied to my FOI request for Information promptly, within the 20 working day timescale, nor have I been advised of an extension of time, as normally required by law.
I note your acknowledgement of my request states I will receive a response within 20 SCHOOL days and while I appreciate the Trust is in the education sector, advice from the Information Commissioner's Office is that if Bright Tribe Academy Trust Head Office work days during school holidays then these are counted at WORKING days.
Please reply to this correspondence as a matter of urgency.
Dear Ms Robinson
Thank you for your email. The trust has previously taken advice to satisfy itself that the period of 20 schools days is applicable to multi-academy trusts. However, we can assure you that we will respond shortly and within no more than 20 school days in any event.
Dear Ms Robinson
Further to our previous correspondence and your request for information about outsourcing at the Whitehaven Academy, we respond as follows:
• The services to which you refer have been delivered by Blue Support Services Limited (based in Stockport) on an interim basis. However, going forward, these services are being procured from other
local and national suppliers.
• Prior to academy conversion, catering was contracted to a national supplier, cleaning was in-house and a number of local and national companies carried out building maintenance.
• Contracts are approved by the trust board or by individuals to whom this approval has been delegated depending on factors such as contract value.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review.
Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to: The Chief Operating Officer, Bright Tribe Trust, Building 1000, Kings Reach, Yew Street, Stockport, SK4 2HG.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now