Compromise agreements / gagging clauses used between January 2011 and December 2013

Response to this request is delayed. By law, Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council should normally have responded promptly and by (details)

Dear Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council,

Preferably in table form using rows and columns, and broken down by month, please supply a full list of totals of compromise agreements drawn up and issued between the period January 2011 to December 2013 inclusive. Alongside each monthly total for compromise agreements, please indicate the total number of gagging clauses that were used.

As you are aware, a gagging clause, if it does appear, will have been used inside its own respective compromise agreement. As you are also aware, 'compromise agreements' are now known as 'settlement agreements',

Yours faithfully,

Paul Cardin

InfoMgr, FinDMT, Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Paul Cardin


Thank you for your recent request made under the Freedom of Information
Act, please find attached the Council's response to your enquiry.


We trust that you find this information of assistance.


Yours sincerely,



Tracy O'Hare

Information Management Officer

Business Management

Treasury Building

Argyle Street



CH41 1AH

Tel:0151 691 8397

[1][Wirral Borough Council request email]




This information supplied to you is copyrighted and continues to be
protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.   You are free
to use it for your own purposes, including any non commercial research you
are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other reuse, for
example commercial publication, would require our specific permission, may
involve licensing and the application of a charge







show quoted sections

Paul Cardin left an annotation ()

On updating the status of the request there wasn't an option to to say "they lied", so I ticked "I'm still waiting for the information".

We will be reporting Wirral Council's response to the ICO as a criminal breach of Section 77 of the Act.

More details here...

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .