Complete Non-Residential / Business Property Rates Data (Q1 2021)

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Bury Metropolitan Borough Council should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear Bury Metropolitan Borough Council,

In terms of the Freedom of Information Act of 2000, and subject to section 40(2) on personal data, could you please provide me with your local authority’s complete and most-recently updated list of all business (non-residential) property rates data, including the following fields:

- Billing Authority Property Reference Code (linking the property to the public VOA database reference)
- Firm's Trading Name (i.e. property occupant or ratepayer)
- Full Property Address (Number, Street, Postal Code, Town)
- Occupation / Vacancy status
- Date of Occupation / Vacancy
- Actual annual rates charged (in Pounds) and/or categories of reliefs/exemptions granted

If you are unable to provide an absolute “Occupation / Vacancy” status, please provide the Exemptions and / or Reliefs that a particular property may be receiving.

NOTE: While FOIs are meant to be requestor blind, these data are actively used by national government and UK universities to inform the economic response to COVID-19. Most recently, these data were used by MHCLG for the assessment of support to local authorities via the LEVELLING UP FUND.

Please publish quickly so that organisations trying to support your local authority can do so, and, if you have any difficulties, please contact me so that I may help.

Please provide these data as machine-readable as either a CSV or Microsoft Excel file, capable of re-use, and under terms of the Open Government Licence (reuse for any and all purposes, including commercial).

I last requested these data three months ago, and this is a request for your latest updated dataset.

Yours sincerely

Gavin Chait

Customer Contact Team, Bury Metropolitan Borough Council

1 Attachment

In reply to your email regarding Freedom of Information, if the
information you require cannot be found/or is not publicised on the
Council's website you will need to make a formal FOI request which can be
done by using the online form at [1]    


Please use this form so that we have all the relevant information in order
to reply to your request, we will also acknowledge your request following
completion of this form.




[2][IMG] Bury Council Customer Contact team




show quoted sections