Dear Lincoln City Council,
In terms of the Freedom of Information Act of 2000, and subject to section 40(2) on personal data, could you please provide me with a complete and up-to-date list of all business (non-residential) property rates data for your local authority, and including the following fields:
- Billing Authority Property Reference Code (linking the property to the VOA database reference)
- Firm's Trading Name (i.e. property occupant)
- Full Property Address (Number, Street, Postal Code, Town)
- Occupied / Vacant
- Date of Occupation / Vacancy
- Actual annual rates charged (in Pounds)
If you are unable to provide an absolute “Occupation / Vacancy” status, please provide the Exemptions and / or Reliefs that a particular property may be receiving.
Please provide these data as machine-readable as either a CSV or Microsoft Excel file, capable of re-use, and under terms of the Open Government Licence (meaning reuse for any and all purposes, including commercial).
I last requested this data three months ago, and this is a request for an updated and current dataset.
I'm sure you get many requests for business rates and responding and managing these FOIs must be costly for you. Could I request that - as 65% of local authorities now do - you update and release this dataset via a dedicated page on your local authority website or on an open data service. I can recommend approaches for you to consider, and you should find that this reduces the time and cost of this request process.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – INFORMATION REQUEST
I refer to your request for information received on 4 June 2018 concerning
the above and enclose the information requested.
If you wish to appeal against the handling of your request then please
contact the Freedom of Information Officer at the City of Lincoln Council,
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DB. Telephone 01522 873441 or
e-mail [Lincoln City Council request email].
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 01625 545 700 www.ico.org.uk
T 01522 873840
City of Lincoln Council
City of Lincoln Council
City Hall, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln, LN1 1DD
Read more about our vision
City of Lincoln Council is a Living Wage employer. If you would like to
know more about the Living Wage, or sign up to the Making Lincoln Living
Wage campaign, please visit www.lincolnagainstpoverty.co.uk/livingwage
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or classified material up to OFFICIAL and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. Please also notify the sender immediately
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000
the contents of this email may be disclosed.
The City of Lincoln Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and
For further information regarding how we protect your data see our
privacy notice for customers.
1. blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email] blocked::mail
file:///tmp/blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::mailto:[Lincoln City Council request email]
2. blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::outbind://199/www.ico.org.uk blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::outbind://199/www.ico.org.uk blocked::blocked::blocked::outbind://199/www.ico.org.uk blocked::blocked::outbind://199/www.ico.org.uk blocked::
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now