We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Spencer Gasson please sign in and let everyone know.

Compensation payments and social care budgets

Spencer Gasson made this Freedom of Information request to Lambeth Borough Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.

We're waiting for Spencer Gasson to read recent responses and update the status.

Dear Lambeth Council,

Under the Freedom of Information Act if a person is getting a compensation payment and wants to put this into a social care budget or personal health budget etc, do you have the necessary details of where payments should be directed (minus the appropriate reference for the individual) and is there a process for this?

I have some I want to head your way ;-)

As these are set up and payable at the end of the month according to your web site can you publish details of how someone can get them set up? How long does it take because for some funding its time limited and the 4 week delay means some Lambeth residents may be missing out on extra financial support. Can basic templates re financial assessment and services available be published as they stand now?

The NHS Trusts should be telling individuals about this as they get extra funding for certain hospital admissions but some of the 'characteristics' may conflict with their view of them and affect their model and reporting on cases. Extra social care support may instead be taken up by trust staff for NHS services and not giving the indvidual choice about which services are used for them. Some like the home treatment team might need to be featured in a joint directory between trust and council to enable effective planning and choice.

Yours faithfully,

Spencer Gasson

Dear Lambeth Council,

Have you had a chance to look at this request as its overdue: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c...

Yours faithfully,

Spencer Gasson

DataProtection, Lambeth Borough Council

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that Subject Access Requests (SAR) can be made by completing
the on-line form

We will ask for copies of appropriate ID.

If you are emailing about an existing SAR then we will pass your email to
the relevant department for response.

If you have a request for any other of Lambeth's services please call our
contact centre, who will be happy to assist, on 020 7926 1000


FoI, Lambeth Borough Council

Dear Mr Gasson

I apologise for the delay. Having viewed the request, it seems you received an acknowledgement from the Data Protection inbox- can you confirm where the request was sent to?

Looking at your email, it appears to be asking for advice or assistance rather than access to recorded information under the Freedom of Information Act.

It may assist you to contact the relevant team instead by calling the Council, please see our contact us page which may be useful


Kind regards

Jane Shields LLB LLM
Policy & Communications Manager
Corporate Complaints Unit
Finance and Investment

P.O. Box 734
S023 5DG

London Borough of Lambeth

Tel:- 020 7926 9392
Mobile:- 07702 142411

show quoted sections

We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Spencer Gasson please sign in and let everyone know.