We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Spencer Gasson please sign in and let everyone know.

Community Mental Mental Health Teams

We're waiting for Spencer Gasson to read a recent response and update the status.

Dear Department of Health and Social Care,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, what does a community mental health team need to (a) directly provide in terms of service(s) prescribing abilities or professional staff e.g social worker and accreditation (b) be able to provide within that organisation and refer to it (c) have in terms of access to information on statutory agency information? (d) if someone is allocated a care coordinator that isn't a practising or registered social worker does the person have a right to be consulted and how is that post-funded?

What should be done by a provider in order to (a) consult and establish needs and demand before deciding to allocate/bid for resources to establish a new location? (b) which body/organisation would be responsible for approving such a decision? (c) who approves new funding? (d) which organisations would have to be notified (eg CQC)?

If you do not oversee these or able to answer and another organisation holds the information please answer with what you are able and direct me to the organisation(s) responsible.

Yours faithfully,

Spencer Gasson

Department of Health and Social Care

Thank you for contacting the Department of Health. Please note that
queries are only monitored between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.  This is
an acknowledgement - please do not reply to this email.

If you require medical treatment please dial 111, visit [1]NHS Choices, or
contact your GP surgery. For emergencies please dial 999. The Department
cannot provide clinical advice.

Where a reply is appropriate, we aim to respond within 18 working days, or
20 working days if your query is a Freedom of Information request or

If you have contacted the Department of Health about a current health or
social care campaign, please visit the [2]Gov.uk where a response may have
been published. You may also find it helpful to refer to  the Department
of Health's [3]what we do section.
Please note that the Department of Health does not handle complaints about
the NHS or social services. If you wish to make a complaint about a
healthcare professional, an NHS organisation or a social care provider,
please visit the [4]complaints procedure page on Gov.uk.
You can find out more about the Department’s commitments from
our [5]Personal Information Charter.

show quoted sections

Please note: Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored
for compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications.


This email was scanned by the Sophos anti-virus service.


Visible links
1. http://www.nhs.uk/
2. https://www.gov.uk/government/announceme...
3. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisati...
4. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisati...
5. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisati...

Dear Department of Health and Social Care,

Please pass this on to the person who conducts Freedom of Information reviews.

I am writing to request an internal review of Department of Health and Social Care's handling of my FOI request 'Community Mental Mental Health Teams'.

A full history of my FOI request and all correspondence is available on the Internet at this address: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c...

Yours faithfully,

Spencer Gasson

FreedomofInformation, Department of Health and Social Care

Dear Mr Gasson,

Thank you for your email. Your correspondence of 3 January (our ref: DE-1161675), did not fall under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and was handled as general correspondence. It is therefore not subject to an internal review. The Department addressed your query in DE-1161537, a copy of which is provided at the end of this email chain.

If you wish to complain about the response you received to DE-1161537, please address it to:

Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries Unit
Department of Health and Social Care
39 Victoria Street
London SW1H 0EU

Telephone: 0207 210 4850
Fax: 0115 902 3202

Yours sincerely,

Charlene Carter
Freedom of Information Casework Manager
Department of Health and Social Care
39 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0EU3

show quoted sections

We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Spencer Gasson please sign in and let everyone know.

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .