Commercial Energy Performance Certificates

The request was successful.

Dear Department for Communities and Local Government,

Which department or to whom should a complaint be made about an accreditation scheme holder administering certification for non domestic energy assessments.

Please note that this is not a complaint about an individual assessor but a complaint about the scheme administration by a company charged by the DCLG as competent to administer and monitor the scheme.

Yours faithfully,

Mr J Hughes

Your request to Infopoint has been received and is now being actioned. If
you wish to check the status of your enquiry, or if it is urgent, please
call us on 42222 (from DCLG) or 0303 444 2222 (from DfT).

show quoted sections


show quoted sections

Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

Jason Ward,

Dear Mr Hughes,

Thank you for your email of 11 January concerning non domestic energy
assessments and complaints about accreditation schemes.

I am sorry to hear that you have concerns about one of the non domestic
energy performance certificate Accreditation Schemes. Accreditation
Schemes are required to operate clear and easily accessible processes for
managing complaints. You should take up the complaint with the
Accreditation Scheme in the first instance.

In the event that you are unable to resolve the matter satisfactorily the
Accreditation Scheme should have in place a process for the matter to be
referred to an independent third party for resolution.

The Department for Communities and Local Government provides an overall
framework within which Accreditation Schemes operate. The Department has
recently updated the Scheme Operating Requirements (SOR), which set
minimum standards for the operation of Accreditation Schemes.

SORs are underpinned by a programme of audits of Accreditation Schemes to
help ensure that they are complying with operating requirements.

Yours sincerely,
Jason Ward
EPBD Operations
Department for Communities and Local Government
Zone 5/H9
Eland House
Bressenden Place

show quoted sections

Dear Jason Ward,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in coming back to you but many thanks for the information supplied.

Yours sincerely,

John Hughes