Dear St Catharine's College, Cambridge,
This is a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Could you please provide:
(1) A list of companies which the College holds stocks and shares in, specifying how many shares are held and the approximate value of the shareholding.
(2) A list of exchange traded funds, private equity funds, mutual funds, index funds, commodities, hedge funds, and bonds that the college has investments in, including the approximate value of each.
(3) in the case of any indirectly held or fund-based investments a breakdown of the companies invested in through the fund, including the percentage of the total fund made up by each holding.
(4) a list of properties that the college has investments, including the approximate value of each.
(5) A list of any other investments the college holds, including the approximate value of
If you are to invoke Section 43 to withhold information in relation to any of these questions please note you must provide details of the exact FOIA exemption, details of who would be prejudiced by this information, and a public interest test justifying a conclusion with arguments for and against the release of the information.
If you are to invoke Section 12 to withhold information in relation to any of these questions please provide details of how locating, retrieving and extracting this information would exceed the appropriate limit of £450 as set out in the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004. Please also be aware of your duty under section 16 (1) of the Act to advise and assist me in narrowing my request to bring it within the appropriate limit.
Thank you very much for your assistance with this request. If you would like any clarification on the information I have asked for, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to receiving your response in the next 20 working days.
Could you also kindly confirm upon receipt of this email.
FOI – response
Our Reference: FOI_0011
Dear Mr Hawkins
Please see attached response to your request.
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request an internal review of this decision, you should contact us quoting the reference number given above. If you choose to do so please state your reasons for dissatisfaction and any other matters to which the College should have regard.
If you are not content with the outcome of your review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally the Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the College. The Information Commissioner may be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk/).
Bursar| St Catharine's College, Cambridge, CB2 1RL
Tel.: 01223 331572 or 07747 742737|www.caths.cam.ac.uk| [email address] |
St Catharine's College is a Registered Charity, No. 1137463
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now