COA for EEA PR application

Subhash Pandeya made this Freedom of Information request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Subhash Pandeya

Dear Home Office,
Can you please clarify does Home office issue COA to Non EEA family member of EEA national after submitting EEA(PR) application or not.IF yes it will be full COA or Short COA. like in EEA(FM) and eea retain right application.

Yours faithfully,

Subhash Pandeya

FOI Requests, Home Office

Please be aware that we have decided to handle your correspondence of 20 May 2018 outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This is because it does not meet the criteria for a Freedom of Information request, as it does not ask for recorded information.

Below is a link to the ICO guidance for the criteria for valid requests under the Act:

We will provide an answer to your query, but it will be answer outside of the provisions of the Act.  You should expect to receive a response in due course.

FOI Requests

show quoted sections

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Subhash Pandeya,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 20th May about COA for EEA PR application.
A certificate of application will be issued following receipt of a valid application for an [1]EEA residence card.
An application for a residence card is valid where:

* you have paid the correct fee for your application
* you have successfully enrolled your biometric information in relation to the application

You will receive your certificate of application shortly after successful enrolment of your biometric information. If you enrolled your biometric information less
than 21 days ago, please do not contact us regarding your certificate of application.
If you do not pay the correct fee, or do not enrol your biometric information, your application will not be considered valid and will be rejected.
The above information is taken from the following link, which contains further information which you may find useful:
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies
each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or
advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration
advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
(OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.

Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:

Yours Faithfully,

Alex Fonzarelli
UK Visa and Immigration



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [4]


Please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an
application but we can provide information and support you through
signposting and website navigation. If you require more specific advise
then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor


Visible links
1. Click to follow link:
2. Click to follow link:
3. Click to follow link: