Clinical negligence information
Will Dale made this Freedom of Information request to Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
I’m writing to obtain the following information relating specifically to your NHS Trust under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. What is the number of serious incident reviews relating to clinical negligence at your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
2. What is the monetary value of successful clinical negligence claims made against your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. In the last three years (2016, 2017 & 2018), what is the number of settled negligence claims where damages have been paid (number of cases and total monetary value) in relation to:
- Allegations of late diagnosis / misdiagnosis
- Allegations of negligence leading to amputation
- Cases involving stillbirth or neonatal death
- Cases involving delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Cases involving medication errors
- Legal cases alleging clinical negligence which have taken more than 5 years to reach
If you need clarification on any of these questions, please let me know.
Dear Will Dale
We are in receipt of your information request sent to us on 18 February
2019. We will be dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will endeavour to respond to you within 20
working days of your request by 18 March 2019.
Please note the above unique Request ID and quote it in all future
correspondence regarding this particular request.
Eugene C Aninweze
Freedom of Information Officer
Tel: 0121 466 7293
Email: [email address]
Freedom of Information Team
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
3 Priestley Wharf, Holt Street, Birmingham Science Park, Aston
Birmingham B7 4BN
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now