Clinical negligence information
Will Dale made this Freedom of Information request to Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
I’m writing to obtain the following information relating specifically to your NHS Trust under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. What is the number of serious incident reviews relating to clinical negligence at your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
2. What is the monetary value of successful clinical negligence claims made against your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. In the last three years (2016, 2017 & 2018), what is the number of settled negligence claims where damages have been paid (number of cases and total monetary value) in relation to:
- Allegations of late diagnosis / misdiagnosis
- Allegations of negligence leading to amputation
- Cases involving stillbirth or neonatal death
- Cases involving delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Cases involving medication errors
- Legal cases alleging clinical negligence which have taken more than 5 years to reach
If you need clarification on any of these questions, please let me know.
Dear Mr Dale,
Freedom of Information Act Request Acknowledgment
Thank you for contacting the Freedom of Information Office at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. We confirm that we have received your correspondence.
Your request below is being considered and you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days following the date on which the request was received, as defined by the Act, subject to the information not being covered by an exemption or containing reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may prevent release of some or all of the information you have requested. There will be an assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to release some or all of the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
There may be a fee payable for this information. This will be considered and you will be informed if as fee is payable. In this event the fee must be paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day time limit for responses is suspended until receipt of payment. You will be informed if this is the case.
If you have made a request for information held by the Trust - we will contact you as soon as possible if we need any further information to enable us to answer your request. If we don't need any further information we will respond to you within the statutory timescale of 20 working days following the date on which the request was received.
If you have any further queries or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact us.
With best regards,
Alan Larn | communications officer (Freedom of Information) | communications department
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust | Nethermayne | Essex | SS16 5NL
01268 524900 ext 2992
[Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust request email]
safe caring excellent …together
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now