Dear Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
I’m writing to obtain the following information relating specifically to your NHS Trust under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. What is the number of serious incident reviews relating to clinical negligence at your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
2. What is the monetary value of successful clinical negligence claims made against your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. In the last three years (2016, 2017 & 2018), what is the number of settled negligence claims where damages have been paid (number of cases and total monetary value) in relation to:
- Allegations of late diagnosis / misdiagnosis
- Allegations of negligence leading to amputation
- Cases involving stillbirth or neonatal death
- Cases involving delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Cases involving medication errors
- Legal cases alleging clinical negligence which have taken more than 5 years to reach
If you need clarification on any of these questions, please let me know.
Thank you for your request for information that was received on 20th February 2019, this is being dealt with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, we will let you know. We will issue a formal fees notice before commencing the work, setting out the likely cost against the amount of time anticipated.
If you have any queries about this email, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
Catherine Wright |Freedom of Information Officer | Information Governance ||Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Rothwell Road, Kettering. NN16 8UZ | Tel: 01536 49000
Please see the attached response to your recent Freedom of Information
Catherine Wright |Freedom of Information Officer | Information Governance
||Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Rothwell Road,
Kettering. NN16 8UZ | Tel: 01536 49000
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northants NN16 8UZ Tel: 01536 492000
This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.
The contents of this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless legally exempt, the confidentiality of the message and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately.
Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by Sophos E-mail Filter software in conjunction with virus detection software.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now