Dear Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
I’m writing to obtain the following information relating specifically to your NHS Trust under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. What is the number of serious incident reviews relating to clinical negligence at your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
2. What is the monetary value of successful clinical negligence claims made against your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. In the last three years (2016, 2017 & 2018), what is the number of settled negligence claims where damages have been paid (number of cases and total monetary value) in relation to:
- Allegations of late diagnosis / misdiagnosis
- Allegations of negligence leading to amputation
- Cases involving stillbirth or neonatal death
- Cases involving delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Cases involving medication errors
- Legal cases alleging clinical negligence which have taken more than 5 years to reach
If you need clarification on any of these questions, please let me know.
In the first instance please check the following to locate the information
Trust website: http://www.barnsleyhospital.nhs.uk/
Our Annual Reports and Accounts:
If this information cannot be found, please re-submit your request to us
via the disclosure log.
Please ensure in the title of your request you state this is a
If some of the information is found, please revise your request
accordingly. Please do not reply to this email.
You can submit a request to us
*** This email was sent from a mailbox that does not accept replies.
Please do not reply to this email. ***
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now