Dear Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
I’m writing to obtain the following information relating specifically to your NHS Trust under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. What is the number of serious incident reviews relating to clinical negligence at your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
2. What is the monetary value of successful clinical negligence claims made against your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. In the last three years (2016, 2017 & 2018), what is the number of settled negligence claims where damages have been paid (number of cases and total monetary value) in relation to:
- Allegations of late diagnosis / misdiagnosis
- Allegations of negligence leading to amputation
- Cases involving stillbirth or neonatal death
- Cases involving delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Cases involving medication errors
- Legal cases alleging clinical negligence which have taken more than 5 years to reach
If you need clarification on any of these questions, please let me know.
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information request. Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act we will endeavour to respond to this request promptly within 20 working days and are now investigating the nature of the request, the quantity of information requested and whether we hold the information requested.
There are a number of exemptions which the Act permits with respect to disclosure of information. The information will be assessed for these exemptions prior to disclosure and we will advise you if we are unable to provide the information requested.
If there is a cost involved in collecting the information then we will suspend the period for response until such time as we receive your payment. We will advise you of any such costs.
Please send any further correspondence to [email address] .
Freedom Of Information Officer | Working Week: Mon 8-3 Tues/Wed 8-2
Communications | Duckworth Lane Cottage, BRI
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
T: 01274 36 4774