Clinical negligence information
Will Dale made this Freedom of Information request to Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust,
I’m writing to obtain the following information relating specifically to your NHS Trust under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. What is the number of serious incident reviews relating to clinical negligence at your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
2. What is the monetary value of successful clinical negligence claims made against your hospitals in 2016, 2017 and 2018?
3. In the last three years (2016, 2017 & 2018), what is the number of settled negligence claims where damages have been paid (number of cases and total monetary value) in relation to:
- Allegations of late diagnosis / misdiagnosis
- Allegations of negligence leading to amputation
- Cases involving stillbirth or neonatal death
- Cases involving delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Cases involving medication errors
- Legal cases alleging clinical negligence which have taken more than 5 years to reach
If you need clarification on any of these questions, please let me know.
Dear Mr Dale
Please accept this email as formal acknowledgement of your request for information received on 18 February 2019.
This request will be processed in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and unless you are otherwise informed, your request will be processed within a maximum of twenty working days from receipt.
At this moment we are unaware of any fees, charges or exemptions likely to be applied to your request. However, if during the course of processing your application it becomes clear that fees will apply, we will inform you of this. In the event that costs are applicable, no information will be provided unless the costs are paid within three months of us informing you. In the event that some or all of the information you have requested is exempt from disclosure, we will inform you of this.
We will also contact you if during the process it emerges that we do not have sufficient detail to locate the information or we are unclear exactly what it is that you have requested.
In the meantime if you wish to discuss any aspect of your request please feel free to contact us at this email address.
FOI Lead/Publicaton Scheme Co-ordinator
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now