Climate Change Agenda following COP26
Dear Kirklees College,
As part of the Climate Change Agenda following COP26 we are compiling a list of Organisations who do not comply with current legal requirements under The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations (England and Wales).
You have been noted [Potentially defamatory material removed], specifically in respect of buildings containing air conditioning. Part 4 Inspection of Air Conditioning Inspections of the EPB refers.
1. Were you aware of the Regulation?
2. Provide a time-scale in which you intend to comply? We will check for your compliance certificate on the open government database:
Find energy certificates and reports by postcode – Find an energy certificate – GOV.UK (communities.gov.uk).
3. If you do not intend to comply, why not?
4. Who is the Responsible Person at your Organisation?
5. Do you have a Sustainability Plan or Carbon Reduction Programme?
Dear Rebecca Harrison
We acknowledge receipt of your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000/General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We are currently considering your request and will send a response as quickly as we can and no later than 9 March 2022.
Ms J Green
• The College is fully compliant.
• Our responsible person is our Head of Estates Security and Facilities Mr Daniel Bedford.
• We have a sustainability policy.
• We have carried out a carbon baseline for scope 1, 2 & 3 items.
• We are members of the EAUC (the environmental and sustainability champion within Further and Higher Education in the UK and Ireland).
• Mr Bedford is a member of the Kirklees climate commission.
• We operate the Kirklees College Green Team.
Thank you for your interest in Kirklees College. Please let me know if I can assist further.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now