Dear Rother District Council,
I would like to request the following data under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out in 2018 for the littering of cigarette butts?
2. How much is your FPN for littering cigarette butts?
3. How many FPN’s have not been paid within the allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court for littering cigarette butts in 2018?
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
Thank you for your request received on 19 June 2019 relating to information about Fixed Penalty Notices. We aim to respond to your request for information within 20 working days, in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act.
If your request is for personal information your request will be dealt with according to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the timescale for response may be extended to 40 days.
ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION REGULATIONS 2004
With reference to your request received on 19 June 2019 about Fixed
Penalty Notices, we would respond as follows:-
1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out in 2018 for
the littering of cigarette butts? - None
2. How much is your FPN for littering cigarette butts? - £100
3. How many FPN’s have not been paid within the allocated time frame, and
subsequently gone to court for littering cigarette butts in 2018? - None
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of the request please contact us
within 60 calendar days of this response, if you wish to request an
internal review. If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of the
internal review you have the right to make a complaint to the Information
Commissioner. Their details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. 01625 545700
Please note that the information provided by Rother District Council is
intended for your personal use. If it is your intention to re-use the
information for commercial gain, you will need to apply to the Council for
a license to re-use it, under the Re-Use of Public Sector Information
Freedom of Information Manager
Rother District Council
Bexhill on Sea TN39 3JX
T: 01424 787000
E: [Rother District Council request email]
Follow all news stories on Twitter
Visit our Website
2. mailto:[Rother District Council request email]
4. Follow all news stories on Twitter
5. Rother District Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now