Dear East Renfrewshire Integration Joint Board,
I should like to request the following information about the commissioned provision of school nurses in East Renfrewshire, which falls within the geographical remit of your organisation. I would like to know this information to understand better the support that is available to people aged under 18 who are experiencing emotional distress and/or at risk of suicide.
Specifically, I would like to know:
• The number of school nurses that are employed
• The number of full time equivalent posts the school nurses employed equates to
• The type of support school nurses provide to people under the age of 18 who are experiencing emotional distress or suicidal thoughts/feelings
• What channels school nurses use to have contact with people aged under 18, e.g. telephone, text, Whatsapp, email, face to face
• Any structured educational or awareness raising activities that school nurses undertake with people under the age of 18 in relation to mental health or emotional/psychological wellbeing
• Any structure suicide prevention work that school nurses undertake with people under the age of 18
• If there are any school nurses who have a specific remit covering:
1. mental health
2. suicide prevention, and/or
3. support for people under 18 who are experiencing suicidal thoughts/behaviours
• If available, the number of people under 18 that have received support for:
1. mental health problems
2. emotional distress, and/or
3. suicidal thoughts/feelings from a school nurse in the most recent reporting period (quarter or year)
• If available, the number of people under 18 who were provided with crisis support from a school nurse in the most recent reporting period (quarter or year)
For each school nurse in East Renfrewshire, I would also like to request a copy of their:
• Safeguarding policy
• Confidentiality policy
• Policy statement in relation to capacity, decision making and choice
I should prefer to receive these in electronic format at this email address, however, I am happy to receive them by post if that is more convenient.
It would be helpful if you were to provide any brief notes which might be necessary to understand the context of the information provided, although I recognise that you are not obliged to do this. If for any reason you feel this request is unclear, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07866 105 093. If you are not the appropriate authority for this request, or for part of it, please let me know as soon as is convenient.
If the information requested contains sections of confidential information, please blank out or remove these sections, and mark clearly that they have been removed.
Thank you for your help.
Dear Jennifer Holly
We've received your freedom of information request. Your reference number
Your request has been passed to a member of our team. We will respond as
soon as possible and no later than 20 working days.
East Renfrewshire Council
Thank you for your enquiry under the Freedom of Information Scotland Act
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this under Section 17 of the Act
as this information is not held by the IJB. You may wish to make a
request to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde at [email address]
East Renfrewshire Integration Joint Board offers the opportunity to apply
to the Board for a review of how we have dealt with your enquiry. If you
wish to proceed to review, please apply in writing within 40 working days
East Renfrewshire Integration Joint Board
Eastwood Health and Care Centre, DRumby Crescent, Clarkston, G76 7HN
or by email: [email address]
marking your letter or email ‘Freedom of Information – request for review’
and stating the exact nature of the matter you wish to be reviewed.
The review will be carried out within 20 working days of receipt. If you
are dissatisfied with the outcome of the review, you have the right to
then appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner who has extensive
powers to investigate such matters. Their address is:
Scottish Information Commissioner
Fife KY16 9DS
East Renfrewshire Integration Joint Board
Eastwood Health and Care Centre, Drumby Crescent, Clarkston, G76 7HN
0141 451 0500
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now