Dear Sir or Madam,
This request relates to the safe use of the Internet by Primary and Secondary School pupils in your region.
1. The Byron Review, published 27 March 2008,
2. The Byron Review Action Plan, published 24th June 2008.
The resources above relate to the safety and education of children using the Internet at Home and School, and the responsibility of government, local and national to ensure that children are educated and protected whilst doing so.
I hereby request under the Freedom of Information Act full details of the Internet Safety Actions and Initiatives currently in place throughout the region.
1. Internet Safety Education provided as part of the school curriculum.
- Within your schools is there a specific program aimed at teaching children about staying safe online, including cyber bullying been integrated into the curriculum?
- If yes, who is responsible for delivery and what accreditations/training have they received? For example, teacher, CEOP trained ambassador.
- If yes, how often is internet safety training integrated into the school curriculum, i.e. weekly, monthly etc
- If no, what steps/timeframes are being taken for implementation?
2. Internet Filtering
- Do the primary and secondary schools within your authority have internet filtering in place?
- If yes, what tools do you use? For example Hardware or Software?
- If yes, what is the name of your internet filtering supplier and when was their contract last renewed/due for renewal?
3. Internet Filtering Breaches
- Have any of the Schools within the past 24 months experienced a breach of Internet Filtering where children were able to access pornography or Indecent images. Please provide details of School Type(Primary or Secondary), Date of Breach and Type of Unsuitable material accessed.
- If a breach of security occurred how was your authority notified? For example, by a parent, by the school, through an automated alert provided by hardware/software supplier.
Mrs A Fitzsimons
Dear Mrs Fitzsimons,
Please see attached an acknowledgement for your recent request made under
the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
We will endeavour to respond to your request within 20 working days
according to the Act. However, please be advised that if an exemption
applies to the information requested then this period may be exceeded
again in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
A charge may be applicable in order for us to fulfill your request. You
will be advised of this in due course if necessary. If a charge is made,
the clock will stop in respect of the 20 working days until the fee is
received. Should you have any queries, please contact me using the
contact details above.
Access to Records Officer
Salford City Council
Information Management & Sharing Team
tel: 0161 778 0342
fax: 0161 728 6110
DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
As a public body, Salford City Council may be required to disclose this email [or any response to it] under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.
For the full disclaimer please access http://www.salford.gov.uk/e-mail. Thank you.
Please find attached our response to your request below. Please accept
our apologies for the delay in response,
Salford Children's Services
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now