Dear North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner,
As your office is directly responsible for both the employment and actions of the Chief Constable, I would ask of you the following;
It has come to my attention that the Chief Constable of North Wales has recently "approved" a motorcycle course for himself. This obviously involves some expense to the force and thereby the public. It has also come to my attention that the Chief Constable acquired not one, but two sets of motorcycle clothing for himself, again at the expense of the North wales public. Other than the fact he is a motorcyclist himself and would probably enjoy tearing round the
countryside on a motorcycle in preference to a days work, I would seriously question the operational requirement for him undertaking such a course. I would therefore ask the following questions;
1. Firstly, is it correct that he did in fact undertake such a course and, if so, what were the relevant dates/length of the course?
2. If the answer to 1 was "yes", what were the justifications of him taking the said course and was your office aware of it?
3. What were the cost implications of the course, to include the cost of the course itself and the Chief Constables wages whilst on the course. How would your office justify this cost to the public of North Wales?
4. What were the cost implications and justifications for the purchase of two sets of motorcycle equipment. How would your office justify this cost to the public of North Wales?
5. How many other Chief Constables in the UK and Northern Ireland forces have taken motorcycle courses?
Ms S Conlan
Dear Ms Conlan
Please see attached document in response to your Freedom of Information enquiry below.
Swyddfa Comisiynydd Heddlu a Throsedd / Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
‘Diogelwch yn y cartref; bod yn saff mewn mannau cyhoeddus’
'Security at home; safety in public places'
Swyddfa Comisiynydd Heddlu a Throsedd Gogledd Cymru. Am fwy o wybodaeth gwelwch www.northwales-pcc.gov.uk neu cysylltwch a ni drwy [North Wales PCC request email]
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner North Wales. For more information visit www.northwales-pcc.gov.uk or contact us on [North Wales PCC request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now