R Rowbottom made this Freedom of Information request to Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust,
1. Can GOS confirm that the Charlie Gard was seen by a specialist ophthalmologist and confirmed blind?
2. Can GOS confirm that Charlie Gard was seen by an audiologist and confirmed Deaf?
3. Can GOS confirm how they measure pain in patients that are non verbal?
4. Can GOS confirm that pain was present in the case of Charlie Gard?
4a. Can GOS confirm Charlie has/is/was being treated for pain?
5. Can GOS give reasons that all measurements of Charlie Gard's EEG scan were not included in an email to the US specialist?
6. Can GOS confirm that all MRI, EEG and all other types of scans were sent with full detail to the US specialists, giving true presentations to his condition?
6. Can GOS confirm that the private sector had refused Charlie's treatment because "they didn't want to step on toes" of GOS staff, and that had the court appeal succeeded they would have accepted Charlie Gard as a patient?
7. Can GOS confirm that the ventilation Charlie Gard is on is a temporary measure and a tracheostomy could instead be fitted, allowing Chalie Gard to live?
8. How much would tracheostomy care cost GOS annually for Charlie Gard?
9. How many patients are fitted with a tracheostomy?
9a. How many patients are fitted with one who have mitochondrial depletion syndrome?
9b. How many patients with mitochondrial depletion syndrome have been treated by GOS?
10. How many experts are experienced in nucleosides?
11. Has Charlie made any improvement in his ten months of life?
12. If unsuccessful in the European Courts can GOS confirm who will be the person responsible for turning off Charlie Gard's Ventilator?
13. Can GOS confirm there is/was no possibility of life, compared to other severely disabled patients who suffer the same/more severe complicating illnesses?
The British Public
Yours faithfully, Mrs. R. Rowbottom
Thank you for contacting the Freedom of Information team at Great Ormond
Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust.
Your request will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information
Act 2000. We will aim to respond to your query within 20 working days
from the date in which we have received your request.
You will be sent a reference number for your information request which
should be quoted during in further correspondence regarding your enquiry.
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
The FOI Team
Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Our reference: FOIRQ3969
Dear Mrs Rowbottom
Thank you for your e-mail of 04.07.2017, which we received on 05.07.2017.
Your request for information is being processed, and you should expect to receive a response by 02.08.2017. Should it be necessary to apply a fee for providing the information requested we will issue a fees notification before releasing any information.
If we anticipate any delays in responding to your request we will notify you in writing, stating the reasons for this and the date by which we expect to respond.
Your email will be used by Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust for the purpose of processing your request. The information you provide will be recorded for reference and may also be used to monitor and review our Freedom of Information systems, processes and policy.
Should you require any further information in the interim please do not hesitate to contact me.
Email [Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust request email]
Thank you for your request for information.
We would like to apologise for the delay in getting the response to you.
Please find attached the response to your request; this has been processed under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
We hope that you find this information useful. Should you need to make any further contact regarding your request, please quote the reference number stated on the response.
Freedom of Information Team
Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
[Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now