Dear NHS Richmond Clinical Commissioning Group,
I would like to request the information about the following points around the CCG's decisions with patient care and its structure.
• What criteria does the CCG use to select which inhalers should be prescribed for Asthma and COPD?
• How does the CCG compare the cost-effectiveness , efficacy, safety and patient usability of different inhalers when selecting which COPD and Asthma inhalers should be included on its local guidance?
• Over the past three years, has the CCG introduced a planned programme of care which resulted in the medicines optimisation team, contractors or GP practices proactively reviewing patients and aligning their COPD and/or Asthma inhalers to alternative options?
• Please list the alternative asthma and COPD inhalers that were introduced by the CCGs medicines optimisation team, contractors or GP practices during any planned programme of care that proactively reviewed the use of asthma and/or COPD inhalers over the past 3 years
• Over the past three years, has the CCG used a QIPP scheme to introduce a planned programme of care which resulted in the medicines optimisation team, contractors or GP practices proactively reviewing patients and aligning their COPD and/or Asthma inhalers to alternative options?
• Please list the alternative asthma and COPD inhalers that were introduced by the CCGs medicines optimisation team, contractors or GP practices when using a QIPP scheme to introduce a planned programme of care that proactively reviewed the use of asthma and/ or COPD inhalers over the past 3 years?
I would also like to make a request for the full name, contact number and contact email for the following roles listed below within your CCG;
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Medicines Management Lead
Dear Ms Hussain
I am writing to formally acknowledge your request for information
regarding asthma/COPD inhalers and staff contact details which will be
processed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I can confirm your
request was received on 25 April 2018 by NHS NEL Commissioning Support
Unit (NEL CSU) on behalf of the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
listed below. The references for your requests are shown alongside.
NHS Richmond CCG FOI.18.RIC020
An initial investigation is currently taking place into whether the
information you have requested is held by the CCGs and if so, whether it
can be released in accordance with the legislation.
Any fees applicable to this request will be detailed in writing as soon as
they can be determined. Your request will then be placed on hold and you
will have the choice of whether to proceed with your request. Should any
clarification of your request be required we will advise you accordingly.
If you require any assistance, or would like to discuss your request,
please do not hesitate to contact us quoting the reference number above.
Caroline E Old
[NHS Richmond CCG request email]
1 Lower Marsh, 3^rd Floor
Lower Marsh, London SE1 7NT
RE: FOI.18.RIC020 on behalf of NHS Richmond Clinical
Please find attached a letter responding to your Freedom of Information
1 Lower Marsh, 3^rd Floor
Waterloo, London SE1 7NT
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now