Caution for sums owed due to alleged council tax and housing benefit fraud.

Teresa Short made this Freedom of Information request to Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

From: Teresa Short

Dear Neath Port Talbot Council,

I have recently been involved in a court hearing regarding alleged
council tax and housing benefit fraud. I have just had a caution
after being told by my solicitor that I was not guilty, would have
no record and no liability for costs because what was being
investigated had no substance and not been proven. I went today to
have the caution because I was advised by my solicitor that there
would be no monies to be payed back and that I would not have a
criminal record because the only thing that could be proven was
that I did not inform them that I had got married. I was not
claiming any benefits at the time and Mr Mark Short who I married
had not lived with me or paid anything due to us having separate
living arrangements because of our volatile relationship. Before I
took the decision to start co-habiting with Mark Short, I was
receiving no benefits.

I want all of the information that was investigated and provided in
court about me. I want to see the evidence and all of the casework
that Neath Port Talbot council, Magistrates courts and Fraud
Investigation service have presented from the beginning of the
investigation until the end. I have consulted a solicitor in the
matter who has told me that this is the first step of recieving the
information that I am lawfully entitled to.

I request that you acknowledge my correspondence via email [email
address] and that you send me all of the paperwork concerning the
above as soon as possible

Yours faithfully,

Teresa Deeth

Link to this

Things to do with this request

Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council only: