Dear Honiton Community College,
All public bodies have a duty to achieve best value for money.
All schools that have a cash-less catering system MUST by Law (the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012) have a method of payment available that does NOT use biometrics. Honiton Community College therefore has both a biometric method of payment and a non-biometric method.
1. How can having two methods of payment, rather than just the one that is required by law, fulfil Honiton Community College's duty to get best value for money?
2. How many students use the biometric method of payment?
3. How many students use the alternative method of payment?
I would suggest that your questions are flawed but here are the answers to your freedom of information request. You are confusing methods of identification and method of payemtn
1. How can having two methods of payment, rather than just the one that is required by law, fulfil Honiton Community College's duty to get best value for money? We still only have one method of payment, cashless.
2. How many students use the biometric method of payment? 628 families have given their permission to use biometrics.
3. How many students use the alternative method of payment? 203 students have either requested a swipe card or not replied to the letter asking for permission to use biometric information.
Director of Finance
Mobile- 07540 722704
Work- 01404 42283 Ext 243
Honiton Community College Academy Trust is an exempt charity and a private company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales. Company No: 07665387
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you receive this message in error, please immediately and permanently delete it and notify the sender. Do not use copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Honiton Community College Academy Trust reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not represent the opinions or views of the Academy Trust, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them. We cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now