Dear Surrey County Council,
I am interested in the how you are using deprivation of assets powers (as provided in Regulation 22(1) of the Care and Support (Charging and Assessment of Resources) Regulations 2014) in relation to financial assessments for care costs. Please provide responses to all of the following questions. If that is not possible within the limits of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or because you do not hold the specific data requested, then please still provide all possible answers.
(1) For each of the last five years, how many financial assessments have you undertaken in relation to care costs?
(2) For each of the last five years, what is the average time taken to conclude financial assessments?
(3) For each of the last five years, in how many financial assessments did you conclude there had been a deliberate deprivation of assets?
(4) For each of the last five years, what is the overall sum you have recovered through identifying deliberately deprived assets?
(5) Do all of your communicated decisions regarding financial assessments inform the applicant of: (a) any right of appeal or review; and (b) their right to contact the Local Government Ombudsman?
(6) For each of the last five years, how many appeals have there been from financial assessment decisions?
(7) Please can you provide any internal training materials used which relate to deliberate deprivation of assets?
Dear Mr Tomlinson
YOUR REQUEST REF NO. FOI002740 UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
Thank you for your request for information received on the 2nd January 2020. Your request reference is as above.
We will respond to your request promptly and in any event within 20 working days from the date of receipt of your request. If you wish to contact me to discuss the progress of your request, please use the contact details given below and quote the reference number given above.
Legal & Democratic Services
Corporate Information Governance Team (Room 138) | Democratic Services | Surrey County Council | County Hall | Penrhyn Road | Kingston upon Thames | Surrey | KT1 2DN
Tel: 020 8541 8935 | Email: [Surrey County Council request email] |
Dear Mr Tomlinson
Please find attached our response to your recent request with our team.
Information Governance Team
Health Wellbeing & Adults Social Care Directorate
Surrey County Council
Old Millmead House
Guildford GU2 4BB
Tel: 01483 517 679
Secure email: [email address]
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * This email
and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only. It may be
confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender or [email address] The content may be personal or
contain personal opinions and cannot be taken as an expression of the
County Council's position. Surrey County Council reserves the right to
monitor all incoming and outgoing mail. Whilst every care has been taken
to check this e-mail for viruses, it is your responsibility to carry out
any checks upon receipt. Visit the Surrey County Council website -
http://www.surreycc.gov.uk * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * *
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now