Dear Staffordshire County Council,
I am interested in the how you are using deprivation of assets powers (as provided in Regulation 22(1) of the Care and Support (Charging and Assessment of Resources) Regulations 2014) in relation to financial assessments for care costs. Please provide responses to all of the following questions. If that is not possible within the limits of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or because you do not hold the specific data requested, then please still provide all possible answers.
(1) For each of the last five years, how many financial assessments have you undertaken in relation to care costs?
(2) For each of the last five years, what is the average time taken to conclude financial assessments?
(3) For each of the last five years, in how many financial assessments did you conclude there had been a deliberate deprivation of assets?
(4) For each of the last five years, what is the overall sum you have recovered through identifying deliberately deprived assets?
(5) Do all of your communicated decisions regarding financial assessments inform the applicant of: (a) any right of appeal or review; and (b) their right to contact the Local Government Ombudsman?
(6) For each of the last five years, how many appeals have there been from financial assessment decisions?
(7) Please can you provide any internal training materials used which relate to deliberate deprivation of assets?
Dear Joe Tomlinson,
Thank you for your request for information received by Staffordshire
County Council on 03/01/2020.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact us.
Please remember to quote the case reference number above in any future
Our ref. F0002277
Dear Joe Tomlinson
Please accept my sincere apologies. Checking our records I cannot see that you have received either a response or an update concerning the delay in our being able to process your request.
As per our usual procedures we logged and acknowledged receipt of your request, forwarded to the relevant service and have sent due and overdue reminders to the service. Despite chasing up for a response we still have not received the information from the service.
Unfortunately, the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is now impacting on our ability to provide responses to some requests as the council’s resources are being targeted on providing priority/emergency services to those most in need.
We have been advised that the service team that would need to provide us with the information necessary to respond to your request is currently unable to do so.
We will endeavour to provide you with a response as soon as practicable. However, if this information is no longer needed I would be grateful if you can find time to let me know.
If you have any comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority you should contact us in the first instance. Send your comment or complaint to:
Access Manager, Access Team, Staffordshire County Council, 2 Staffordshire Place, Stafford ST16 2DH or email [email address]
If you then have any further comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority, please contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Staffordshire County Council
1 Staffordshire Place
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now