Dear Birmingham City Council,
I am interested in the how you are using deprivation of assets powers (as provided in Regulation 22(1) of the Care and Support (Charging and Assessment of Resources) Regulations 2014) in relation to financial assessments for care costs. Please provide responses to all of the following questions. If that is not possible within the limits of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or because you do not hold the specific data requested, then please still provide all possible answers.
(1) For each of the last five years, how many financial assessments have you undertaken in relation to care costs?
(2) For each of the last five years, what is the average time taken to conclude financial assessments?
(3) For each of the last five years, in how many financial assessments did you conclude there had been a deliberate deprivation of assets?
(4) For each of the last five years, what is the overall sum you have recovered through identifying deliberately deprived assets?
(5) Do all of your communicated decisions regarding financial assessments inform the applicant of: (a) any right of appeal or review; and (b) their right to contact the Local Government Ombudsman?
(6) For each of the last five years, how many appeals have there been from financial assessment decisions?
(7) Please can you provide any internal training materials used which relate to deliberate deprivation of assets?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now