Dear Wakefield City Council,
TRADING STANDARDS FOI
Illegal car clocking/ vehicle mileage adjustment is in the news at the moment as such could you answer the following questions.
1) How many cases of car clocking has your council investigated in the last 5 years?
2) Of those cases, how many were dealt with by prosecuting the suspected offenders?
3) How many of those prosecutions were successful?
4) In total, how many vehicles were involved in the successfully prosecuted cases?
5) What is your council’s policy for alerting innocent members of the public and motor trade
to vehicles the council has successfully proven have been "clocked"?
6) Can you provide confirmation in respect of question 5 of the type of action you have taken to warn people about the vehicles you have discovered to have been clocked?
For example, publishing vehicle details, alerting Auto Trader or other specialist publications; registering data with HPI and other mileage data services.
7) Has the council or trading standards department seized any "clocked" vehicles over the past five years and subsequently destroyed them?
Dear Mr Robson,
Freedom of Information Act 2000 - Request for Information
I am writing in respect of your recent enquiry for information held by the Authority under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
The Council does hold the information you require. If you would like to redirect your request to West Yorkshire Trading Standards, please find their contact details below.
Email: [email address]
Telephone number: (+44) 113 2530 241
West Yorkshire Joint Services
Nepshaw Lane South
Senior Information Governance Officer
Information Governance Team
City Solicitor’s Office
Tel: 01924 306112
Email: [Wakefield City Council request email]