Byelaws relating to UAV Flights

The request was successful.

Dear Guildford Borough Council,

Can you please advise if you have any byelaws relating to the use off UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) from your land, and if so can you please either provide a copy or the link to their location on a website.

If you do not have any byelaws, do you have any other policies relating to the use of UAVs on your land?

Can you finally advise if these have been reviewed in relation to CAP722C ( published by the Civil Aviation Authority in December 2020.

Yours faithfully,

Simon Hawkins

Bridget Peplow, Guildford Borough Council

Dear Mr Hawkins,




We have considered your request for information.


The Council’s byelaws are on the Council’s website at

The pleasure ground byelaws relate to specific areas of land and include a
byelaw relating to model aircraft.  They have not been reviewed.


Copyright and re-use of information


Please be aware that copyright may exist on information that we provide in
response to requests, including attachments.

Where we provide information the Council has authored, you may re-use it
free of charge unless we have stated otherwise. However, in some cases we
do not own the copyright (for example Ordnance Survey owns the copyright
for most map information we use). Therefore, where someone other than
Guildford Borough Council owns the copyright, please check with us if you
plan to re-use it or if you are not sure whether copyright will be an

Your right to ask for an internal review


I trust the above addresses your enquiry. However, if you do not agree
with the way your request has been handled, you may write to ask the
Council to review the decision. Another officer will carry out a review
and they will then write to you, letting you know if they agree with the
original decision or have reached a different conclusion.

You should write to Customer Services, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead
House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB ([email address]). It is important
that you clearly state that you are asking for an Internal Review and
provide a copy of your correspondence with the Council about this request.
We recommend that you include the reference number and "Internal Review"
in the email or letter header to help avoid delays.


Your right to appeal to the Information Commissioner


You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner if you
believe we have failed to meet our obligations to deal with your request
for information. Please remember that they will usually only consider
appeals after the Council has had the opportunity to carry out an internal
review. More guidance about your rights is available on the Information
Commissioner's website at

Yours sincerely

Bridget Peplow

Senior Specialist Solicitor (Employment & Litigation)

Deputy Monitoring Officer

Millmead House





Tel: 01483 444076

M: 07970032510


show quoted sections

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. [2]


Visible links