Busking/Street Performing

Response to this request is delayed. By law, Sheffield City Council should normally have responded promptly and by (details)

Dear Sheffield City Council,

I'd like to apply for a busking permit but am struggling to find how via the website.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Yours faithfully,


Gough Jayne (CEX), Sheffield City Council

Dear Katrina,
Thank you for your email.

I'm afraid the Licensing Service do not issue anything for Busking. We usually point customers in the direction of our colleagues in the City Centre Management Team who give the permissions.

They can be contacted on:

0114 2736895 or [email address]

Kindest regards

Jayne Gough
Licensing Strategy and Policy Officer
Licensing Service
Block C Staniforth Road Depot
Staniforth Road
S9 3HD
Tel: 0114 2734264
Email: [email address] / [email address]
WORKING DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
PLEASE NOTE: The Licensing Service has now reopened to provide a full daily service from Monday to Friday, 10am – 4pm.

THE BIG CITY CONVERSATION - get involved and have a say on the things that matter to you. We want to hear from as many people as possible, of all ages and backgrounds, from every part of Sheffield, about the issues that affect you, your communities and your city. Follow this link: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/campai...

Part or all of the information contained in this document may be subject to legal professional privilege and must not be disclosed without the prior consent of Legal & Governance Services. It may be exempt from disclosure by virtue of Section 42 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Paragraph 19, Part 4, Schedule 2 of the Data Protection Act 2018
 Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

show quoted sections