Dear Leicester City Council,
I understand that your council regularly publishes information on business/non-domestic rated properties, However recent datasets do not confirm whether properties in your area are subject to the Retail Relief/Discount which has been available on qualifying properties since 1 April 2019.
We therefore request a list detailing all current Rateable Value assessments and which accounts are, and which are not, subject to some form rate relief (eg. Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR), charitable, empty relief, retail relief). Please include the following columns insofar as possible.
• Full Postal Address
• Rating Description (e.g. offices, workshop etc.)
• Correspondence Address (if different from Full Postal Address)
• Account Name
• Account No./Ref.
• Property Ref
• RV 2017
• RV 2010
• SBRR (discount, not multiplier) – yes or no
• Retail Relief/Discount – yes or no
• Vacant – yes or no
• Other relief (e.g. charity, hardship, rural, community & amateur sports clubs etc.) – yes or no
• Current liability start date
E-mail: [Leicester City Council request email]
Our Ref: FOI 19974
Date: 17^th December 2019
[FOI #627786 email]
Dear Mr Snowdon,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
Thank you for your email of 16^th December 2019 requesting information
about business rates assessments and reliefs.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact me.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Information Governance Assistant
2. mailto:[Leicester City Council request email]
3. mailto:[FOI #627786 email]
Dear Mr Snowdon,
Please find attached Leicester City Council’s response to your recent
Freedom of Information request.
Information Governance Officer
Email: [Leicester City Council request email]
1. mailto:[Leicester City Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now