Dear Gwynedd Council,
I am writing to you to request the following information:
1. What was the total net spend for supported bus services in the fiscal year 2018/19?*
2. What was the total net spend for supported bus services in the fiscal year 2009/10?*
*Note: These refer to the Department for Transport’s definition of a supported bus service as: “one where a local transport authority has invited tenders for the operation of a service (not e.g. seats on a bus or subsidised tickets etc), and a contract exists as a result of that tender”. Please, exclude extra sources of funding such as Section 106/developer funding, Community Infrastructure Levy, local authority staffing and publicity, RTPI expenditure and revenue, the Welsh Government Bus Service Support Grant (BSSG), Local Education Authority funding for home to school transport, NHS-funded non-emergency patient transport, social services transport, voluntary transport and other central and national government grants or income streams.
3. How many and which supported routes have had cuts in services in the fiscal year 2018/19 and (for example loss of weekend or evening services)? Please state if these are partial (the numbered service still runs but on fewer times) or total (the numbered service is completely withdrawn) cuts.
4. How many and which of the previously supported routes have been taken on commercially?
5a. What was the total net spend on free school transport (11-16yr olds in mainstream education) in 2018/19?
5b. How many pupils was this for?
6a. What was the total net spend on free school transport (11-16yr olds in mainstream education) in 2013/14?
6b. How many pupils was this for?
The information provided will be used as part of a national picture of the effect of changes to central Government funding has had on the provision of local bus services. In each case we are only requesting information related to your local authority.
Our work also seeks to promote examples of local authorities that have protected bus services, sometimes in innovative ways. Please do feel free to share any information you feel is relevant on how your council has protected bus services.
Campaign for Better Transport
Rhyddid Gwybodaeth / Freedom of Information
Dear Chris Todd,
Freedom of Information (ref 59)
Thank you for your recent request under the Freedom of Information Act
Your request has been passed to me to process and I can confirm that it
has been logged under the reference number 59.
The Council may take up to 20 working days, from the date of receipt, to
respond to your request. You should therefore receive the information you
have requested, subject to the application of any exemptions permitted
under the Act, by 22/05/2019. If you require further information please
contact me by phone on 01286 679809 or by emailing
[email address].cymru by quoting the reference number above.
1. mailto:[email address].cymru