Dear Chesterfield Borough Council,
This request is being made to make the public at large and people in each authority aware of which councils are the worst offenders or the better examples when it comes to bullying in the workplace. All councils have very similar anti-bullying / dignity at work policies, but there seems to be a difference in the level of bullying. This is intended to statistically show those differences. If possible, please inform me of the cost of dealing with this request.
Please reply to the first two questions first as they are the most important:
1) How many official complaints of harassment and bullying at work did you receive between the 1st April 2009 and the 31st December 2015?
2) How many of these complaints were upheld in favour of the
Please reply to these questions if the £450 limit is not exceeded or in order of the questions up to the limit should the limit be surpassed somewhere within these questions:
3) How many of those which were not upheld in favour of the
complainant went on to Appeal?
4) How many of those that went to Appeal were found to favour the
5) How many complaints went on to an Employment Tribunal?
6) How many of these were found to uphold the complaint?
7) Out of how many of those allegations (the number given to question 1) did the complainant of
bullying claim that the bullies were telling lies?
8) How many staff does your authority have and what is the current population within your authority's area?
Dear Mr Lewis,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request, received today in
relation to: 'Bullying in Chesterfield Borough Council.'
The request has been logged under Reference FOI 2496 and will now be
assigned to an officer for a response.
The statutory period for response time for these requests is 20 working
days (with some exceptions).
Please quote the above reference in any further correspondence.
sent on behalf of Gerard Rogers
Senior Solicitor and Deputy Monitoring Officer
Full Request Details
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now